If you have been told your child has a vision impairment or might be blind, please contact us.
Maybe your child has other profound disabilities of which vision impairment is only one. We can help.
ChildVision looks after the national assessment of all children with a visual impairment aged 0-3. Our therapists, education professionals and nurses will all meet with you and your child to assess what sight your child has and how best he or she can use it. We will also refer you to all the help and resources available to you, both on-site at ChildVision and off-site.
To access the ChildVision assessment service a child/young person must:
1. Have a diagnosis of a visual impairment from an ophthalmologist or optometrist (that cannot be corrected by glasses or lenses). These can include but are not limited to a:
- visual acuity of 6/18 or less;
- deteriorating visual condition.
- significant field loss.
- neurological condition that results in the disruption of the visual system.
- significant difficulty with functional vision such that seeing and learning are affected.
2. Be under the age of 23 years
It doesn’t matter where in Ireland you are
It doesn’t matter where in Ireland you are, we can organise a time and date that suits you. Just pick up the phone and call us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org